Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This is just the beginning...

My name is Ryan Lytle. I am the creator of this brand-spanking new blog. In this great country of ours, a blog has become a typical sight. Every day, thousands of new blogs are created and monotonous words of drivel are spilled on our computer screen. Many of these blogs cover a person's personal life. Other blogs are a way for people to complain about their favorite sports teams and give their own advice about what they would do if they were the coach or manager or coordinator, etc. This blog will be none of the above! As the title of this blog states, it will be my take on the ways of the world. Now you may be asking yourself, "now Ryan, what does that mean?" Let me tell you now, it can mean anything you think it could mean. This blog will be used as a tool to highlight my feelings on anything from interesting news stories, to a hot new movie and, yes, even my own babble about things going on in my life. To take a quote from Stephen Colbert, while reading my blog "you will laugh, you will cry, you will lose 15 pounds"! This blog will be informative and hopefully entertaining. Lets not forget the underlying reason I am creating this blog from the get-go. I will use this site to showcase the skills I have learned at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University. Hopefully, in the near future, this site may quite possibly assist me with finding a great career in online journalism. I truly hope that is the case or else this is all just a colossal waste of time. Just kidding. I write because I love to. And as another great mind in history once said, "If you love something, you hold on to her." If I do recall, Kevin Arnold said this about his crush Winnie Cooper in the famed 80's television show, "The Wonder Years". That was a classic. I can only hope that in the future, this blog will be held in the same esteem as "The Wonder Years".

No comments: